PCR is an inclusive community of people with and without I/DD, where our members learn new skills, have fun, and flourish through our programs.
PCR’s innovative, therapeutic, social, and recreational programs include music enjoyment and performance, therapeutic movement and exercise, respite care for individuals with significant and moderate care needs, discussion groups for men and women, communication skills, basketball, art therapy, a social club, photography, information sessions for parents of youth who are transitioning from high school to adult services, and many special events throughout the year. (Please see PCR Programs below.)
With the onset of COVID, to protect the health and safety of our members, volunteers, and staff, PCR switched to a virtual format, and now offers twenty music, art, health & fitness, communications skills, photography, respite, social programs, and info sessions online, via Zoom. Visit our online catalog to view our current list of virtual programs.
Over 500 Montgomery County teens and adults with developmental differences benefit from PCR’s programs.
Below is a list of our PCR typical offerings.
- Tricia Sullivan Respite Care I & II
- Communication Groups (speech/communication skills)
- Men’s Discussion Groups
- Women’s Discussion Group
- NoteAbles I, II, III, IV, V (music enjoyment)
- Movin’ Along I, II, III (exercise and movement)
- Rhythmic Movement (wheelchair dancing)
- A.C.E. (aerobic and core exercise)
- M&T Bank Basketball –Basic Skills
- M&T Bank Basketball– Advanced
- Wednesday Art
- Phabulous Photographers
- Studio 3F (monthly social club)
- Transition Times (monthly informational group for parents) For more information, please visit our Transition Times page.
- Special Events: Beach Party, Summer Barbecue, Halloween Party, Holiday Party, Garden Club
Please visit our Policies and Procedures page to learn more.