Transitioning Youth Resource Fair Materials
2022 Transition Work Group Fall Webinar- “Fostering Friendships & Social Inclusion”
Presented by Jeremy Hamburgh, MyBestSocialLife.com; Dr. Rebecca Resnik, psychologist/therapist; Nicolette Stearns, social skills coach; and Juliette Levchenko, licensed master social worker/therapist.
Click HERE to view the recording.
Click HERE To View The Presentation Outline from Dr. Rebecca Resnik.
Click HERE to View Social Resources.
Para Ver La Grabación De La Presentación, Haga Clic AQUÍ.
Para ver el resumen de la presentación, haga clic AQUÍ.
2022 Joan Karasik Resource Fair for Teens and Adults with Disabilities (Known as Road to Independence Fair):
2021 Road to Independence Fair:
Click on the link below to watch the recordings from the May 2021 Road to Independence Virtual Resource Fair:
Self Care is Important to your Mental Health: Presented by Haley Rizkallah & Brendel Mitchell, Maryland Coalition of Families
Untangling the DDA Web: Presented by Nicole Sheppard, Transitioning Youth Coordinator, DDA Southern Region
Where Will I Live? Housing Options in Montgomery County?: Presented by Rosemary DiPietro, Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services
Living Independently Without Government Benefits: Presented by Noah Murphy, Founder Expanded Horizons, Eric Jorgensen, Founder, Special Needs Navigator, Maedi Tanham Carney, Founder/Exec Director, Integrated Living Opportunities
New Ways of Having Fun–A Panel Presentation on Recreation Options in Maryland: Presented by Jared Ciner, Spirit Club; Jennene Blakely, Montgomery Parks; Sharon Norcio, Montgomery County Recreation; Jenn Lynn, Upcounty Community Resources; Leah Robinson, ArtStream; and Melissa Wyman, Potomac Community Resources, Inc.
Additional Road to Independence Virtual Resource Fair Materials:
- Transition Fair Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Transition Guide to PostSecondary Education & Employment for Students and Youth with Disabilities
- Are You Ready?- Transition Checklist for Students with an Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Are You Ready?- Transition Checklist for Students with an Individual Education Plan (IEP) (Español)
- Letting Go: Conversation for Parents
- Letting Go: Conversation for Parents (Español)
- JOBS: Guide for Career Seekers with Disabilities
- JOBS: Guide for Career Seekers with Disabilities (Español)